Which Country is the Easiest For Foreigners to Get Married in Europe?

AsiaMe, B.E.S.T. Asian dating services! AsiaMe.com's services are B.E.S.T (Best-in-Class, Efficient, Stable, and Trustworthy)! Why not AsiaMe? Join now!

Getting married in the UK is a common question for foreigners, but which country is the easiest for foreigners to marry in Europe? Denmark is the simplest country to get married in Europe. Document requirements will vary depending on the country and the circumstances of the couple. Gibraltar and Malta are a good choice, although both have many rules and regulations. In addition to UK marriage regulations, New Zealand and Denmark have a relaxed marriage law.


Getting married in Gibraltar is the easiest legal procedure for foreigners in Europe. The wedding formalities are simple and the legal marriage ceremony is recognized throughout Europe. All parties involved in the ceremony must present their birth certificates or passports. The procedure is similar to that of getting married in France. To get married in Gibraltar, you must present all the necessary documents and fill out a simple form.

Many celebrities have been married in Gibraltar, including Sean Connery and John Lennon. The Beatles got married here in 1969 and the couple was immortalised in the famous airport picture. Then in 1975, the actor and musician returned to the country to wed Micheline Boglio Roquebrune. In the past year, the Gibraltar government has expanded the number of licensed wedding sites, and there are now many more outdoor locations than ever before.

The only paperwork required by the Gibraltar government for getting married is a passport and birth certificate. You also need to provide proof of an overnight stay in Gibraltar to be legally married. The ceremony itself requires that both parties have spent a night in Gibraltar. If you cannot stay in Gibraltar for a night or two, you must be prepared to spend the night in a local’s house.


The first step in getting married in Malta is contacting the Marriage Registry of Malta. This must be done two to three months before the wedding date. The marriage officiant is then appointed and the couple must then submit three documents to the Parish Priest. If all the documents are in order, the wedding ceremony can take up to two hours. The following are the requirements to get married in Malta:

AsiaMe - best way to meet Asian beauties! AsiaMe.com is the best way for you to find your Miss Right from Asia! No more waiting! Join AsiaMe.com now!

Aside from the beautiful weather, getting married in Malta is easy for foreigners. The country has over 300 days of sunshine per year and is part of the eurozone. Malta also has the most favourable climates for weddings, with temperatures reaching up to 40 degrees Celsius. Before choosing a date, however, it’s important to check the weather conditions and make sure you have the proper paperwork. Also, remember that most outdoor wedding locations have indoor areas, so it’s advisable to plan your ceremony accordingly.

When it comes to obtaining a residence permit in Malta, EU citizens will need a residency permit to be able to marry in Malta. The residency card can be used to travel within Schengen member states. In addition to a residency permit, citizens of other EU nations may need a short-term Schengen visa (C Visa). Once a permanent resident in Malta, non-EU citizens can apply for Maltese residence, which is renewable every five years. The residence card also covers immediate family members.


Getting married in Denmark is easy for foreigners, as long as you meet the basic requirements for doing so. You must have a valid visa and Schengen Area entry stamps. You must also provide proof of contact and relationship. You may not have lived together yet, but this should not be a problem if you have met and are engaged to be married. The documents should be translated professionally and be in the right format. If you are unsure how to do this, you can contact Getting Married in Denmark.

AsiaMe, B.E.S.T. Asian dating services! AsiaMe.com's services are B.E.S.T (Best-in-Class, Efficient, Stable, and Trustworthy)! Why not AsiaMe? Join now!

Danish law requires that you stay in the country for at least three days before your wedding date. You can make an appointment to have your marriage certificate translated or apostilled by the Danish Foreign Ministry. Then, you can complete your marriage documents. Depending on the type of marriage, you may want to have the marriage certificate apostilled so it has extra international acceptance. Unfortunately, people who have applied for asylum in Denmark cannot marry there.

If you are a foreigner, you can get married in Denmark if you meet the general requirements. You must be at least 18 years old and not married. If you have been married before, you must have divorced. Marriage in Denmark cannot be converted into a civil union. If you are in the military, you must have the permission of your commanding officer. The guardian must also agree to the marriage.

New Zealand

If you live outside of New Zealand, you may be wondering if it is possible to get married here. Getting married in New Zealand is easy for foreigners as long as you can show proof of your relationship. There are two main types of marriages in New Zealand: civil union and marriage. Both are legal but you must apply for a marriage license first. The difference between these two types of marriage is the legality of the ceremony.

In order to get married in New Zealand, you must be 16 or older and not already be married. You also cannot be married to someone under the age of 18 years of age. If you have been divorced in the past, you must provide a copy of your divorce or marriage dissolution order. Getting married in New Zealand is not difficult for foreigners, as long as they have at least one parent who is a citizen of New Zealand.

A wedding ceremony in New Zealand can cost as little as $150. A celebrant’s fee is around $100, but you can choose between different options if you want to avoid the extra costs. Typically, you can save up to $150 by planning your wedding yourself. It is important to remember that you should apply for your marriage licence at least three days before your big day. However, remember that obtaining a New Zealand tourist visa can be a hassle, so you should apply for a visitor visa before planning your wedding.


Getting married in Portugal is relatively simple. While a civil ceremony is a popular choice, many couples choose a symbolic, religious, or religious ceremony. Below you will find the legal requirements for getting married in Portugal. Please note that these are just guidelines and not a complete checklist. The actual legal requirements for getting married in Portugal are different from those of other countries. For more information on how to get married in Portugal, please contact the Portuguese Embassy or Consulate.

First, you’ll need to decide whether you want to go through a civil ceremony or a religious ceremony. If you’re planning to wed abroad, you’ll want to make sure that you’ve arranged everything beforehand. A civil ceremony is a great option for those who want to get married abroad, but you should also prepare for the bureaucratic nightmare that awaits you. In addition to the bureaucracy, Portuguese officials take forever to respond to emails. It’s important to remember that getting married in Portugal can be as exciting as it is stressful.

Before getting married in Portugal, you’ll need to obtain a Certificate of No Impediment. This will depend on your nationality, but you can obtain a Statement of Eligibility from the US Embassy or Consulate in Lisbon if you’re an American or Canadian. For British couples, you can obtain the certificate by going to the Consulate of Portugal in Lisbon. Once the power of attorney has been issued, the power of attorney will need to submit the notarised copy of your passport.

Costa Rica

Getting married in Costa Rica is an easy process for foreigners. First, you must obtain a residency visa before you can marry. Second, you must be at least 18 years old. Third, you must submit all the required documents for marriage (birth certificates, marriage license, and other). You must also have a valid passport and be on a 90-day visa. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.

If you are married in Costa Rica, you will need two witnesses. A witness must be a Costa Rican citizen. You can request a witness to be from a Costa Rican church or wedding venue. If you are not a citizen of Costa Rica, you will need to get a cedula to prove your citizenship. You can also ask a Costa Rican lawyer to perform your marriage. If you are not a Catholic, you can have a church wedding instead of a civil one.

The process is relatively simple. Christian clergymen are available in most locations, and if you are not a Christian, you will have to bring your own officiant. The legal process is easy, and a Costa Rican lawyer will help you with the paperwork. If you have any questions, you can contact the Consulate in your home country. Then, bring your documents and receive your marriage certificate.


It is easy to get married in Thailand if you are a foreigner. To get married, you will need to present your passport and attest that you are free to marry under Thai law. Afterwards, you must present your documents to the consular office of the Thai government and have them translated into Thai. After completing these formalities, you will need to take them to the legalization division where they will sign your marriage documents. This procedure will take around two days.

A wedding in Thailand is relatively inexpensive. Registration costs under 4 THB ($0.12 USD) and the wedding ceremony itself only lasts about two hours. However, you may have to pay for a dowry to the bride’s parents. The dowry is a symbol of your marriage and a gift from the bride’s parents. Many Thai parents return the dowry after the wedding is over.

After you have obtained the marriage license, you will need to obtain an “Affidavit of Freedom to Marry”. You cannot get this document in your home country. In order to get it in Thailand, you need to apply at the consular office of the country’s Embassy in Bangkok. This document is essential because it verifies that you are free to marry and is legally binding. If you don’t have an original document, you can also request a certified translation. This will cost you about $40AUD.

AsiaMe, B.E.S.T. Asian dating services! AsiaMe.com's services are B.E.S.T (Best-in-Class, Efficient, Stable, and Trustworthy)! Why not AsiaMe? Join now!